Whether you are an established company or a start-up, a strategic, impact-aligned [Project/Program/Portfolio ] Management Office (PMO 3.0) approach presents a distinct advantage. This can also function as an Innovation Center of Excellence.
It can foster and guide customer focus, value definition and delivery, requisite capabilities and communities of practice — and a continuous transformation mindset.
It can also facilitate continuous alignment among strategy, delivery, leadership, and workforce.
AH Consulting’s proposed PMO 3.0 (or perhaps VMO 1.0) can bring it all together to serve the organization in a strategic leadership capacity, avoid silo thinking and approaches, align around common goals — and drive innovation, excellence, cost reduction, efficiency, adaptability, and longevity — that results in VALUE delivery.
VALUE MANAGEMENT OFFICE (VMO)
The VMO brings “why” into the picture at the highest level of the conversation and aligns focus across the organization on OUTCOME and IMPACT: what really matters and doing the right things at the right time to create and deliver VALUE for internal and external customers.
VMO Industry Alignment
- Laura Barnard – PMO Strategies (High IMPACT PMO Outcomes)
- Scott Ambler – Future of PMOs
- Sanjiv Augustine Interview- The Value Management Office
- Sanjiv Augustine Book – From PMO to VMO Managing for Value
- PwC – The Rise of Value Management Offices
- SDLC Partners – Making the Shift from PMO to VMO
- Ensemble Consulting Group – The Value Management Office
- LinkedIn Article – What Is Value Management and Role of the VMO